Monday, December 20, 2004

Busy Christmas

We went to two Christmas parties on the weekend, all 3 of us.
First one is the people who lived across the street from where I grew up. My buddy's invite is "are you coming to drink my old man's beer." Well what do you think?
Anyways my parents came as they are close friends and my wife and son did as well.It was a good time, but I chipped a molar at midnight and I have to go to the dentist on tuesday to repair it, temporaily until a crown is ready in the new year. 600 bucks because I didn't look after my teeth when I was my son's age.
Sunday was at friends a 1/2 hour east of here. My buddy and I met when I was 7 years old, and now our wifes and sons are pals. I wish life was always that easy, too many friends leave your lifes because spouses don't get on very well. My buddy is so loud after a few drinks and this damn tooth and booming voice was giving me a headache. Oh well, I survived!
Anytime I see my buddies, the same question comes up, "how's your brother?" He used to hang with all of us, but he met this lady 5 years ago and practically vanished. Not just from his friends but his family as well, with no explanation. Oh well! It's his birthday today, so happy birthday big brother.
We just went over the food list for Christmas Eve and Boxing Day dinner, I figure it is going to cost a few hundred dollars, not including wine or beer. I already have my Kaluha for my eggnog so I am set.
Try it, kaluha and eggnog on ice, very yummy.

3 comments:

A Woman From Illinois said...

I may have to try that. I like whiskey with my eggnog, but by itsself it is nasty.

riskybiz said...

Try it, it's really really good!

Michelle said...

just gimme the kahlua....lol