Sunday, October 16, 2005

My neck and back

After the masssage yesterday my neck and back started to get really sore.
My wife thought I would feel alot better immediately, but I knew better. Some muscles that were not sore were massaged and that led to it being kind of bruised, for a lack of a better explanation.
We went out for our "date" which was a movie.(Elizabethtown) Thankfully it was one of these new AMC theaters, as I was in alot of pain and the seats are looking AT the screen, instead of up.
I had to go home right after, much to my wife's chagrin, she wanted to go out. When at home I iced my sore areas and popped a couple of pills. I then rubbed some cold ice oitment before sleeping.
Well I woke up this morning in around half the pain and able to do a few things around the house.
After this I'm resting and icing, again much to my wife's chagrin.

Elizabethtown was alright, like a 3 and half out of 5. Kristen Dunst was pretty good, but Orlando Bloom(better known as Legolas) was unimpressive.
The story goes that Bloom is coming back to his father's hometown in Kentucky after his father had died. He get's to know his father's past and all his friends and relatives as he is planning his funeral.
Kristen Dunst is a flight attendant he meets on the way there and they keep in touch and fall in love, blah, blah, blah....
Actually her character is abit flaky and one of the better aspects of the movie.
Cameron Crowe writes and directs, so that means the soundtrack is really good.(his wife is Nancy Wilson of Heart)
Wait for it to come out on dvd, but I'll buy the soundtrack soon.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I can really sympathise with the neck pain; but have never had a bad back myself. The hot searing pain; ugh. I hope you feel better soon. I had heard that Elisabethtown wasn't very good. Not that it matters; my husband and I haven;t been to a movie that isn;t a kids show in umm still thinging, well it must be, hmm, I don't know...gee I guess I really can't remember. But we have a 4 yr old and 4 month old, so there is a reason.
Have a great week.

Michelle said...

I sympathise too, i have had back and neck pain half my life, perils of being a sales rep before i moved into the legal field.
I can't stand Dundst as an actress she drives me nuts!