Saturday, October 22, 2005

Oh well

It's ironic that we can plan a trip for whatever reasons, that can get wiped out by 48 hours by mother nature.
It just goes to show that you can't beat mother nature, even though that was one of the reasons why we planned the vacation n the first place.
It doesn't matter anyways, what is more important is that everyone in that affected area is going to be alright.
We have travel insurance!
Sil, when she got married this summer, her honeymoon was cancelled by the tour company the day before and they gave them an alternative place to go.(which they took)
The world looks at Canada as a frozen barren land, 12 months a year. Actually here in Southern Ontario nothing could be further from the truth.
When I got married many moons ago, it was 80 degrees out and it was October. We get around 4 months of snowy weather here, with the snow never getting to more than a foot at one time. In my 41 years on earth here, I remember only a few times where we received more than a foot.
The rest of the year is decent and the summers too humid for my liking.
Anyways, getting away from the Canadian winter for a week is a nice break. Makes the winter seem not so long.(and depressing)
We will go somewhere!

I worked 58 hours this week. That's too many!
I returned from my run yesterday to my depot. My afternoon boss asked me to move trailers around after I worked for 12 hours. I freaked at him and gave him a large piece of my mind.
I don't mind doing things around the yard to make extra money, but not because of lazy, selfish drivers.
I told him that I work hard(for a driver) and after 12 hours I should be going home to my family. They get their moneys worth out of me and then some.
We have drivers who won't do anything extra unless forced. I told him it was time to force.
I did what he asked, and some other stuff he didn't know about and I took my friggin time. He was really paying for those trailer moves.
I have a real problem with incompetence, selfishness and lazyness as far as trucking goes.
What is worse is that we have this guy retiring next week and his replacement is a lazy dog f 'er. An old manager who went back to driving, and he is bitter as well.
I'll growl at him and try and scare him off.
When I left last night, my manager meekly wished me a nice weekend.
I am now!

Now I'm off to the kids room to paint.

4 comments:

A Woman From Illinois said...

Growl real loud and scare the hell out of him!!!!!!!

Cathy said...

threaten him that you will become a lazy dog f'er too.
Crap news abou the trip...I hope you get your plans sorted out for a new destination. Have fun painting.

Michelle said...

Great Barrier Reef is brilliant this time of year! All the islands...diving snorkelling...golf...massages fishing!!

x said...

what did you paint?
show us!