Tuesday, February 21, 2006

What was I thinking?

Saturday, we were invited to friends in the neighbourhood. European family, married 15 years with 2 children, a boy the same age as our own and a girl , 7 years old.
This fellow likes to drink tequilla and so do I. He found this out and
he also doesn't like to see your glass empty, at all!
This gentleman goes to Mexico around twice a year on business, so he has 8 different bottles of tequilla sitting at his home.
The two of us polished off a bottle and a half on Saturday evening.
OUCH!!!!!!
What the hell was I thinking?
I had trouble doing that when I was 25, let alone 42, which I'm supposed to be now.
I had a hangover that would have killed a horse on Sunday.
This had reprecussions that went to Monday.(Just dry as a desert)
I'll never drink that much again.
Well at least until the next time.
Which will not be anytime soon.

During my hell state on Sunday, we managed to watch "Ray." Though my head ached, my stomach heaved and I laid on the couch like I was dead, this movie didn't do it for me.
I thought it was good but vastly over-rated and Jamie Foxx was good but not worthy of a Oscar.
I was disappointed. (at the movie, not my stupidity)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

LOL, ahh yes i remember those days!

Diamond said...

Gettin a little old for tokillya are ya?