Thursday, February 23, 2006

I don't know about some of these

In my truck, driving and listening to tunes and then comes on the biggest piece of crap that I heard almost ever.
Nickelback singing a tune called "Photograph."
This poor excuse for a slow tune was turned off imediately and another station put on.
Def Leppard was on singing another piece of slow crap.
Aaaaahhhhhhh........
Almost punched the channel buttons to talk radio.
Had that on for awhile until I tired of all of Canada whining about the hockey loss to Russia.
Put on the music again and another piece of crap from I think Poison.
Now I like almost every type of music and can tolerate most of which is not for me, but I don't know about metal bands singing ballads.
Some musicians can pull it off, ie: Lenny Kravits can and I don't really even like him.
Neil Young is another, along with The Rolling Stones, Zeppelin, The Foo Fighters, Nirvana and countless others.
My contention is that these bands who try and do slow stuff and it stinks, must know there selling crap to their buying fans.
Plus I have to listen to it!
My rant won't help get this crap off the face of the earth, but it made me feel better.

A quick note about Olympic hockey, which I know Michelle is looking forward to reading.
Canada lost and came 8th and you would think that someone important was shot and killed.
It's hockey guys, get over it.
We're not the only nation on earth who plays this sport and that is what it is, a sport.
Plus so far we have 20 other medals in other sports and we should be proud of all ot them.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Ha! You're right! I have been glued to the tv watching the ice dancing and our aussie gal win the bronze in the airials :) I only watch the skating for the crashes!

Greeneyes said...

I guess you listen to alot of tunes on the road, your right MOST metal bands doing ballads is like a country singer doing a rap !;)

Alex said...

I agree, it's hockey - get over it.
Besides, professionals shouldn't be there anyhow. Hopefully the NHL will stop going after awhile. Too many injuries and such wearing the players out. Look at my beloved canucks : we lost 2 key defensemen at the games. Now we're screwed and forced into a deal