Friday, July 21, 2006

Just wondering!

A few things in life that make me wonder and ponder and maybe a few other things.
Why is it that when I was a teenager I never got zits, yet right now I have this huge one on my nose?
Why do women pluck their eyebrows, and then pencil them back in?
I'm listening to Michael McDonald right now on PBS. Why is it he sounds decent as a solo act and completely sucks as a member of The Doobie Brothers?
Why would someone cut a truck off only to turn a hundred yards down the road?
Why do we as Canadians complain about the weather in July when it is going to be minus 3 in about 15 weeks?
Why do people say beer tastes better in the summer? It's good all the time!
Why are all the fun things in life seem to be bad for you? Example: food and booze!

Side note: I poured myself a rum and coke this evening and realized it's my Father's last drop of rum from when he quit drinking a couple of years ago.
It tastes good as usual, but it seems alittle lonely. I usually have a drink with my father when he is in town, but since his heart problems he quit cold turkey.
He needed to quit and he is healthy and my mom is happy as well!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Nice to hear your dad is revoring well :o)
I pluck my eyebrows, but i would never ever use a pencil...i think it looks ridiculous!

Michelle said...

oops! LOL, and i have not had a drink yet..."recovering"