Saturday, April 30, 2005

My alone time

With my wife shopping and the kid playing gamecube in another room, I'm alone with some time on my hands. I'm actually going to try and write this blog in one sitting, so here goes.

My friend and I were discussing the merits of a psa test and a digital exam.(this is for prostrates) This friend said a psa test was enough for detection and I say both are required. Truth be known he is shying away from having some doctor's finger stuck up his rear. This is not a comfortable situation for most men.
My argument was for 100% surety, both are required and besides he has 3 kids under the age of 11 and I think this is for more than ourselves at that point.
We agreed to disagree and he would get only a psa test as prostate problems don't run in his family.
Until this week!
His father was diagnosed with cancer of the prostate and he had surgery yesterday. I haven't talked to my buddy yet but I will soon. I hope he gets both test now!

I had to go and get my blood work done this morning. This was for everything, not just a psa test. I go to my doctors in 2 weeks for the results and a full physical. I am so much looking forward to that, but it's a day off work anyhow.

My parents are here visiting for the weekend, I mean visiting everyone. They lived in this area for their whole marriage(46 years) until last autumn, so they left a whole lifetime here as well.
As far a health goes, my father's torn achilles is healed and he has to go for a angiogram next month for a irregular heartbeat. He says he's had it for years, so it's little concern for him. All the medicine he is on for this heart thing is making him tired, which pisses him off, but he says he sleeps like a baby now every night. My mom is fine, which is really good to me.

Tomorrow is the 19th aniversary of the day I met my wife. Wow, I feel old! The only reason I remember that is because it the first of the month.
May had always been kind of weird for me. I have only been arrested once, in the month of May.(no conviction, thrown out) I've hurt myself badly at work twice in the month of May.(2 years apart) I met my wife and started dating her in May. I won a lawsuit in May and the list goes on.

Wow, I'm done this blog in one sitting.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

According to some dr friends of mine a PSA is all you really need. Infact, they don't like doing any tests until the male is 50.
Of course if there is a strong history in the family this would obviously change.

ShaanCho said...

Happy Anniversary of your first meeting :)
And ... Beware the Ides of May :-)

riskybiz said...

Michelle, my point being that guys do not like the digital exam, so they will easily submit to a simple blood test.