Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Bad news

Just got a phone call from a friend and he tells me that this fellow Glenn died of an drug overdose. He was my Dad's longtime business partners youngest son. He was around 38 years old.
I remember him being into cocaine around 20 years ago and hearing that he was into other drugs over the years.
The sad part for me is that my Dad's business partner now has lost 2 sons. The eldest died in a armed robbery incident where he was an armed guard who was shot in the back of the head. Two sons to bury is too much to live with.

Another guy in town who I kind of knew died of a brain aneurism on the weekend, he was 48.

One more fellow that was in my grade 7 and 8 class has colon cancer. I don't know of his condition but believe it or not, I'll find out if I make it to this funeral,(of the guy who died of the drug overdose) he is good friends with this family.

Tomorrow my Father gets a angiogram to see what's wrong and to see what they can do to fix things about this irregular heartbeat.

Friday I go to the doctors and find out the results of my blood test. Stuff like cholestrol, diabetes, protstrate. With all the news I've had this week, I don't feel optimistic.

Well at least my son gave me some good news, he just kissed me and told me he love me before going off to bed. There are good things around, you either be patient or have to search for them.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Sad news :( I'm sure you'll have some good news though. How sad for the man burying his 2 kids..just awful :(

A Woman From Illinois said...

Too much sickness and death in this world. I will include those families in my prayers.