Saturday, May 21, 2005

Long weekend

Here in Canada we have a annual holiday the third weekend in May, called Victoria Day.
Yes it is after Queen Victoria and yes hardly anyone knows anything about her.
That's alright, we'll take the long weekend anyway.
Victoria Day is sometimes nicknamed 2/4 weekend, after the size of a case of beer and the approximate date in May.
It is the unofficial start to the cottage season or early summer. It is definitely the start of gardening season, judging the parking lots of the nurseries. I will avoid them this weekend if I can.
I used to camping in my younger years and would party too much and freeze my butt off. I won't do that anymore, I can wait later in the summer.
I also don't need an excuse to drink anymore, though I rarely do anyhow.
The weather here is beautiful this morning and is suppose to hold up all weekend, so here's to a great weekend!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Send some warmth down my way risky!