Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Pat's

I'm not Irish but I enjoy beer, so I had one with dinner. My Irish descent wife is out this evening but she has to drive so I imagine I'll have a sober wife return in around 2 hours or a phone call to pick her up.
I'm betting on the first one!
I've done a family history on both my fathers and mothers' side of the family.
From what I've learned I'm alot English and Scottish, with alittle Welsh thrown in. Grandmother's maiden names are Ramsey and Lockwood, not too Scottish eh?
On the Greatfather's side is Richardson, Crebbin, and Gibson. Just alittle English!
I can't give the wife's ancestory names but I'll give a hint, there are common Irish.
So our son has Irish, Welsh, English, and Scottish. I think that covers the British Isles!
Damn, we even gave him a very Scottish first and middle name and he has a tint of red in his hair.
Anyways I wore a nice green shirt today to celebrate this day. It matches my hazel eyes!

The sportsman show was good and alot of people there wore green. Maybe that was camouflage I saw in the hunting section.
We enjoyed the part on the peregrin falcon and we also saw the largest eagle from around three feet away.
It was also nice not to get up so bloody early and get waken up by my son instead of an alarm.
Tomorrow my wife and her friend (one of the nice ones) go shopping all day and I have free time. I have plans to straighten out the garage and work in the basement alittle.
And sleep alittle, you know a nice little power nap, around 2pm.

2 comments:

Greeneyes said...

have a nice snooze , wish I could
Greeneyes

A Woman From Illinois said...

I love genealogy!! My father's family came from Londonderry Ireland in 1643. My maiden name is Dale changed from O'Dalaigh.

My mother's maiden name has not proven to be so lucky. I think German, it is Milhime. I have found other Milhime's, but can not connect.

All families together, I am English, Irish, Welsh, Polish(Prussia), Blackfoot Indian and German.