Saturday, January 23, 2010

13 months

My first blog in 13 months, do I have any excuses?
Yea, I've been busy!

What do I say after not being here for so long, what kind of news about my life do I post here. Do I post alittle, or alot, go reader digest version, or maybe a bunch of novels.
I'll give a reader digest version. And instead of being protective about others feelings, I'm going to be brutally truthful.

As anyone read before, my Father had a stroke in April 2008.
He never recovered and he passed away in October 2009.
My Mother's birthday actually!
I phoned my Mother a few days before her birthday to see if she wanted to go out for dinner. We would hire my Father's caregiver for a few hours overtime and get my Mother out. My Mother was eager to get out, as she hadn't been out at night since last Christmas.
Half way through dinner we received a call that he was breathing funny and not responding the was he usually would.
We left immediately, returned to my parent's place and the paramedics were doing compressions on his chest.
My Mother put a stop order on and he died on the living room floor.
I watched him die.
To be honest, it wasn't that bad. He had been real sick for a while and his quality of life was poor.
He was never going to recover.
The tough part of the evening was watching my Mother tell the paramedics to stop.
My Mother is doing alright, despite losing her husband of 50 years.
More later....and not 13 months later, promise!

1 comment:

gemmak said...

Didn't think I would see you blogging again! Seems we have had a similar experience of 2009, I'm sorry for your loss too. Take care.