Sunday, January 24, 2010

Two in one day

I feel like blogging today!

During the last year I've had to deal with other serious issues in my life.
To be blunt, infidelity!
Not me, my wife.....Again!

Obviously having a parent sick and eventually dying takes up time and soaks up lots of emotion.
One day I'm on my wife's gmail account and she has a letter drafted to a girlfriend.
I read it and she confesses for love to another guy. There is more but the point has been made.

Instead of putting it off, I confront her immediately.
I've dealt with this in the past and was passive, but not anymore.
I asked her to do some work if she wants to save our marriage and she agrees.
It's been 9 months and nothing has been done.
I do remind her about this, but too little avail.

What I've done now is gone out and started a life for me.
I have no choice!
She resents this, but I don't really care.
I've put alot of work into this marriage and she hasn't.
She wants it to work, she is going to work it like I have in the past.
And I told no guarantees either way.
I have been brutally honest with her.

My biggest beef with her about this one is the timing.
With my Father getting sick and dying, I was vulnerable emotionally.
I needed her behind me, for support.
The last thing I needed was to have to deal with this at this time.
Actually anytime!
Does not look good moving forward!
One thing though, we get along in every day life, so existing together is not that bad.
We have tough decisions to make, apart and together.

2 comments:

Alex said...

sorry to hear about things like hat. but you are right to go out and get a life for yourself.

Alex said...

ps> good to see you back.