Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Ohhhhhh.......

That's the sound of me sitting down after going non-stop for too long.

The jack and jill was nice and we had a good time.
Just before my wife and I walked in, she mentioned that we might not know many people there. The first person we saw at the door was a college teacher of mine from 1988.
She remembered me as I was a good student and out spoken at the time.
She was telling me that this teacher who I didn't take any s t from died a couple years ago.
The guy who died was this big Austrian man who physically tried t
o intimidate his students. He'd grabbed by the collar or threaten with poor marks if he didn't get his ways.
One time I was in an economics class at 8am and I put my head on the desk, resting my eyes, but wide awake. He threw his keys at me, I caught them and I took them to the Dean.
Others were scared, but I was a mature student who was also as big as himself.
He once was charged with road rage incident and he always would talk about it, thinking that people would be scared or impressed.
Anyways there is more stories that I could tell, but that's for another blog.
I feel for his kids, but a jerk is a jerk, dead or alive.

Anyways this teacher I saw there knew the bride, as I, and several others who were there. It was nice to see her!

The party itself was pretty good, but the groom looked like a deer in the headlights. At 24 and a decade younger than his bride, I think he maybe over his head. I hope their marriage is a long and happy one!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad you had a fun time! I love school reunions, its fun to see who is in jail, who married who LOL

Cathy said...

interesting night, then...I would have been somehow tempted to take the 24 year old aside...with some perhaps unwanted advice.

riskybiz said...

Who's married and who is in jail, some say "what's the difference?"