Saturday, November 12, 2005

Sick Saturday

I've haven't been feeling well all week, a cold and touch of the flu. Why on a Saturday? Anyways I'll get over it.
Yesterday we received free tickets to the Toronto Raptors game. 10 rows up from the floor, and they cost $272.00 for the pair. Freebies, because who in their right mind would pay that much cash to watch a horrible team?
Earlier this week, I was coming home a 6pm down our local, kind of busy road. It was dark and when I turned to go on this road, a great big bloody deer ran in front of me.
I slammed the brakes on and just missed it. This buck stopped and looked and then ran off into the orchard to the left.
I went slowly down the street, heart pounding like hell and about 300 metres down the road, he ran out again in front of me. I missed him again.
Yesterday when I came home in daylight, I saw him grazing about 50 metres from the road.
This buck is not shy!
Because I'm sick, I'm only doing chores that won't tire me out. Which is not bad, but boring.
Tonight the Montreal Canadiens and the Toronto Maple Leafs are on tv. Guess where I'll be a 7pm?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Get Well soon Scott. Enjoy a beer whilst watching those games ;)

Cathy said...

RiskyBiz;
The deer running out would hvae freaked me out. An otter run out on the road a few days ago and that made me slam on the brakes; the animals must be busy and active getting ready for winter; I've seen a lot of road kill lately. Take care of yourself. (oh, and my husband and I also got free tickets to the Raptors a couple of years ago; it was fun hogging out on pretzels and watching people around us; I couldn't tell you a thing about the game, thoug, inclusing who they played:)