Monday, September 05, 2005

Labour Day

Normally my politcal leanings are to the right of center, but these days it is swinging back to the left.
In my mind if things are difficult at work, I think that if unhappy, get yourself a better position in life. I mean, stop whining and get another job or go see management to sort things out.
Now with the cost of fuel spiralling out of control, taxes not getting lower and keeping household expenses from not skyrocketing, I'm starting to get pissed.
Inflation like that is kind of out my control!
I need a car to get to work. The governments here haven't expanded public transit properly in 30 years, so the train or buses are not a option.
I could get another job, but I lose my pension and seniority. I currently work weekdays and a dayshift which are really difficult to get, so basically another job means really crappy hours.
I may be whining, but being loyal and hardworking means absolutely nothing.
I can't wait for our annual work meeting come November. The dude in charge gives a "state of the company address." He will tell us about how poor the company is doing due to the rising cost of fuel and insurance. Meanwhile they are locked in at a lower fuel rate and they just past the cost on to the customer anyways. It's called a fuel surcharge and it's on every invoice.
As far as insurance goes, we the drivers are at a record low for accidents and infractions.
I need more money!
The company has to keep up with the industry standard or they will have a mass exodus.

How about that for a whine?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You bring up some good points Scott. We're paying $1.25 a litre for petrol here....you need a mortgage to fill your car!