Sunday, September 11, 2005

my money

I received my quarterly safety bonus on Friday. Yeah!!!!!!
I decided to spend MY money on some hockey equipment that I need. I went and bought a helmet and hockey pants, costing a 150 dollars, and then I still got it on sale.
Next year I'm going to try and join a league, as I only play for fun now.
I still need shoulder and shin pads to be properly protected for a league.
When I told my son about joining a league, he said I would have to play clean because there would be referees.
Nice, my son thinks I'm a dirty player.(I am)

With the remainder of my bonus, the three of us went golfing today, a nine hole course just north of here.
My son did well for him, my wife was alright and I as pretty good. Straight drives on all but 1 hole and I shot a 45, which is good for me.
The weather was perfect as well.

Next year I'm going to invest my all my bonuses into my retirement plan. I figure it will help our tax situation and my future, abeit 20 years from now. It is fun to spend it as I want, but I'll have all new hockey equipment by then, which should last 10 years.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love hockey, i wish we ad it here, i guess the climate is too warm. Good for you treating yourself to something :)