Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Tuesday evening non hockey night

I'll be alittle less cheeky with this blog.

I have a slight hip pointer so I thought I would take the night off from playing hockey and watch the son start the fall session of karate.
Well isn't that wonderful!
Karate starts on Thursday and everyone left me here alone.
The kid went out to play with his buddy down the street and the lady went to the gym and then to a friends for an hour.
Hmmmmmmm............
What to do? Well I'll catch up on reading some blogs and I'll write this.
I have to have a bath so I can soak my hip and then stretch it. Then I'll ice it! I should just go to the chiropractor and get it massaged and adjusted, but I can't afford it just now.
Look what I'm writing about, I'm getting old. Hips!
When the kid comes home I'll hang with him and we'll read with either the tube on or some music playing in the background. He's a good kid!

My son and his friend were asking me about rock bands from when I was a kid. Seems that they are into the bands from the 70s and they are downloading some songs. Rush was the one most asked about.
Rush is a Toronto band and anyone who liked rock and is around my age, probably has a Rush story.
The first concert I ever saw was Rush when I was I think 13 years old. Up until I was in my early 20s, I have seen them around 4, maybe 5 times.
If I wasn't so broke and tickets weren't so bloody expensive, I might go see them or someone else.
This week U2 and then Pearl Jam played Toronto. Your looking at a few hundred dollars per concert.
My son asked if I would ever take him. I said sure, but I would have to take his mother first. He asked why? I said she would feel excluded and this way she would realize she hates loud concerts and after that she wouldn't care if she wouldn't go.

We picked up the travel magazines for our tropical winter vacation on Sunday. It looks like Mexico and probably just a week.
We have to determine a date and then we will book it. This has to be booked by some date in December for payment plans purposes.
I have a week off in December, the week before Christmas. My wife would like to go away that week, but I tell her that there is alot of winter after that.
My preference is late March, because I think we could pull off two weeks. My plan would be if we are going then for two weeks, then I would work through my vacation in December and leave my holiday pay alone for four months.
Four extra months to pay off a two week vacation, an extra weeks pay and more money to come home to after two weeks.
Sounds good to me!
I'll take a week anytime to be honest with you.

No comments: