Wednesday, December 14, 2005

11 days till.......

Well really if you count the fact that today is almost over, then there really is only 10 days to go.

Starting sometime tomorrow and ending Saturday, we are supposed to get a foot of snow. Yes 30cm of snow in the Toronto area!
Anyone who lives in areas that don't get snow and dreams of a white Christmas, well we're having one and you can have it.
Once it is all said and done, Christmas day will be pretty and then comes the 26th. Christmas is done at that point and the snow should melt and we should have a mild winter.
Well that's what I ask Santa for!

11 days and I haven't got a gift for my wife. Worse is that I don't even have a clue of what to get her.
We decided to keep it simple for each other and I hope she keeps to that. Otherwise your going to read a blog dated the 27th about the great gift I received and how comfortable the couch is for sleeping.

I returned to work on Tuesday to find my replacement had drove over a metal chock(a safety block for the wheel) and punctured a trailer tire. Good way to start the week!
Later I discovered he hit a fence post and put a 12 foot scrape on the side of the trailer and also ripped off the placard holder at the same time. I got that fixed this morning.
This is a easy, well paying truck driving job. All you have to do is drive safely, deliver the product, do the paperwork properly and be nice.(once in a while)

I'm going to bed in a few minutes since I'm going to have a really long day tomorrow. Snow sucks!
To be honest I like winter, just not when I work. There is too many morons on the road who can't drive in winter weather.

3 comments:

A Woman From Illinois said...

Sorry you are getting snow, but please keep it up there!!!

Cathy said...

I DIDN'T KNOW YOU GUYS WERE GETTING SO MUCH SNOW; THAT MEANS IT'S ON THE WAY TO US,TOO.
BETTER GO OUT AND GET YOUR WIFE SOME NICE GIFTS, NOW!

Michelle said...

Well the couch is better than the dog house!