Wednesday, December 21, 2005

4 days to go

My son has a Christmas hyper going, any others having the same thing?

Phyllis Gretzky passed away this week from lung cancer. I mention her because she is the mother of Wayne Gretzky, arguably the best hockey player of all time.
Wayne's talent as a player are obvious but I figure the way he has represented Canada over the years, he is a better person.
It was from his upbringing!
Thoughts are with his family.
My area where I drive my truck is Brantford, the Gretzky's home town. Brantford is a kind of run down blue collared town about 30 minutes west of Hamilton.
When Wayne became rich and famous, he offered to buy his parents a new house. They refused and still live in the same house and in the same town. They never abandoned this town and basically put it back on the map. (after Alexander Graham Bell)
Listening to most people I deal with there, there is always a Gretzky story, and always positive.
I find that quite impressive!

My wife announced that she wants to see this movie with me. Brokeback Mountain is the name of it.
It the story of 2 gay cowboys.
Well I consider myself open minded and definitely not phobic, but I really don't want to pay 30 dollars to see this movie.
I'm trying to figure out if it is because they are gay, or I hate to see most chic flics at the theatre. I don't know!
I saw Philadelphia and I quite like it, but that was on video.
We have a friend who is a opera singer and some of her friends are gay. I thought they were nice and it didn't bother me when they were being affectionate. (bothered my wife though)
She's going to see it with a girlfriend.

My day off on Friday is going to be interesting. I'm supervising a skating party for around 150 kids. Actually I'm one of many who are voluteering and I'm looking forward to it.
I like field trips with the kids.

Played hockey last evening.
We have this lady who plays with us, a decent player. She brought a couple guy friends to play with us.
One in particular was a rather slight guy with long red hair peekig out of his helmet.
We couldn't figure out if this person was a guy or girl at first.
First shift he went after my defence partner by chopping his stick at the other guy's. I skated over and gave him a fore arm and he went into the boards lightly.
My partner laughed and said I might have hit a girl.
A couple of shifts later he was getting alitle rowdy in front of our goalie. One play he had a clear chance to score and I went over and pushed him over, without even trying. He fell to the ice and avoided me the rest of the game.
We still at this point didn't know if this person was a guy or girl.
He was a guy!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

My son is hyper Christmas crazy too. I went to a hockey game tonight; sucked. I wanted my husband to see that movie with me, too (we didn't)...
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your wife and son. They are lucky people.

Michelle said...

I wouldn't see that movie either,i'd rather chew my own arms off. It's not the "gay" thing either, its the cowboy thing and the actual setting that churns me.
My daughter is also hyper...must be a kid thing!

x said...

my son acts like a christmas addict. he has been counting down since early november.
he has been watching christmas cartoons, reading christmas tales, drawing christmas trees for weeks.
Everybody seems to be watching hockey there!
Merry Christmas to you! xx