Friday, December 09, 2005

Finally Friday is here

I usually don't feel that way about the week, but with the snow we had today, a long day is a REALLY long day.
Too many deliveries and about 6 inches of snow meant a 13 hour day.
On the way to work I saw a tractor trailer jackknife and then heard another truck hit it. Luckily for me I was going west and these trucks were going east. I hope the drivers weren't hurt.
It sound selfish on my part, but to witness that before you even get in your truck really sets the day off in a negative way.
I'm a safe driver and everything was fine today.

This weekend is the start of a few long weekends in a row, being that I'm not taking my vacation.
Mind you I'm going to the dentist on Monday which is what I always like to do on a day off.
I'm looking forward to the extra sleep more than anything.

The kid got his report card today, 1 "b" in french and the rest A's. We have a parent teacher meeting on Monday afternoon.(another day off favourite)
Of course I like to participate in his school academics but a parent/teacher meeting about a kid who gets mostly A's is kind of boring.
Usually it goes like this, "S has no problems, he's respectful , polite, pays attention, participates and is quiet."
To say a negative they usually say his writing is messy, which it is.
He wanted to get his phys ed mark up, being that he doesn't like most sports, particularly team ones. So he asks me how to get higher marks this year in that class.
I told him to participate in all events and try your hardest and get the highest possible mark in the health segment.
Last year he got a B minus and this year a A plus, pretty good eh?

My parents are down tomorrow and we're all going to the same party. Though they will be here at Christmas it will still be good to see them.
It will be interesting to see my Dad at a party and not drink. For a 3 rum and coke guy a night to cold turkey about 6 months ago, I haven't seen him in a social situation yet.
He had no problems quitting whatsoever.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

gotta love those kinds of parent teacher meetings!
we got the snow today but rain tomorrow, I think.