Sunday, January 22, 2006

New bed

Well I was dragged to a couple of furniture stores yesterday in search of bed posts and dressers yesterday. The more I go into furniture stores, the more I realize I hate shopping.
Anyways we're in these stores and I'm looking at the prices and I'm thinking two week vacation instead of a dresser. I see bed posts and I see the ocean, lounge chair and cold beer. Bed side tables are visions of sand between my toes and sunscreen at 9 in the morning.
Ahhhhh....... dreaming.........
I guess eventually we are going to buy this stuff, after all our bedroom furniture is old, cheap and shabby. We're just starting to look and when we find something we BOTH like we'll wait for it to go on sale and then buy it. I'm figuring a year or so will be the timeline.
I say BOTH because it will be my wife picking it and if I don't hate it, then that will be us BOTH agreeing on it.
This morning she asks me my opinion on this bed spread we have. I told her I hated it! She was suprised and she said she never knew that. I'm a man, why would I offer my opinion on a bed spread?
My take on bedroom decor is not to make it look so "girly."

Last evening we watched "The 40 Year Old Virgin." What a funny movie and we both enjoyed it. Kids should not see this movie, abit too adult.
The part with him getting his chest hair waxed is priceless.

The kid and I recently watched Serenity, a sci-fi flick. Not bad, about a 3 out of 5!

Today the Christmas decorations are getting packed properly and stored in the basement crawlspace the right way. We put them in boxes and off to the side when we originally took them down. I might even get on the roof and take the lights down since we have no snow or ice here.

Next week I have my annual transport meeting on Saturday. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Anyways I'll have to bring up the vacations again to the head cheese. 2 years ago we had this management goofball do our schedules and all he did was bugger it up. Last year someone else did the vacations when Mr. big cheese received alot of complaints about goofball. This year goofball is doing the vacation schedules again. Yikes! Nip the problem in the bud, maybe....

Tomorrow in Canada is our federal election. After 13 years the Liberal Party seems headed down to defeat.
I'm not a Conservative, Liberal or a leftie per say, but I really have to say that the Prime Minister is looking bad.
Usually I vote for the local candidate, a person who could get things done for our area. This election I want the Liberals out, but our Conservative candidate is complete whackjob. What to do? The NDP is an option, though I don't believe in their platform.
I met Jack Layton once. He was at the St. Lawrence Market in Toronto and he was standing outside in a poncho and moccasins. I went over to meet him and shake his hand. At the time he was a local politician who always look after his area with alot of press, good and bad.
But a pontential Prime Minister in a poncho and moccasins, I don't know.......
Anyways I am going out tomorrow to exercise my right to vote!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm not into "girly bedrooms" either. I like bold colors, my bedroom is an ocean theme!

Cathy said...

I feel we are a nation in mourning today.