Saturday, January 28, 2006

My Saturday

Today in Toronto was like a spring day, about 10 degrees celcius, so I washed my car.
First time this winter, so it took about half the afternoon. It was a beautiful day!

In the morning I had to go to my annual Transportation meeting at a hotel by the airport. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Excuse me, I was dosing off just thinking about it. Same old about insurance costs, fuel prices, safety, recruiting , etc........
One funny thing happen though. I received a aniversary pen for me being there 5 years. They showed a picture of me on the slide presentation that had to be the worse one I ever took. When they took the picture was a few weeks back at work at 6 in the morning. I was doing my paperwork at this table, leaned over, hand on face, hair messy and still really tired when safety man says "Scott, look up." I did and he took the picture.
When this went up today, all the guys at my contract were laughing and I'm sure I'll hear about it sometime next week.
The pen I gave to my wife, it's too wide for me to use at work. It is nice though!
Maybe one day they will give money as aniversary gifts, but I'm dreaming.

Small world out there.
My son's buddy's mother dropped him off here and I was chatting with her. It turns out she knows my sister and she actually even went on this girls weekend away with her and bunch of other girls. Her ex sil is a close friend to my sister as well.
In this area where we live, there is a couple of thousand people, so it still is a small world.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

ah, the anniversary pen....we get a watch at 10 years; only three more to go; woohoo.

Michelle said...

We get 3 months paid leave at 10 years.