Saturday, January 28, 2006

Nosey bloggers

You want to know about this woman I don't like, here goes.
C worked with my wife for about 4 years or so, a fellow sales rep, like my wife.
You would figure a sales rep would be anything but shy, but this woman would never carry on a conversation with me. Trust me when I say that I'm very easy to talk to and not threatening at all. Basically I'm a really easy going guy. Nice as well! You can add polite to that! Well you get the idea about me.
Anyhow, she would whisper in my wife's ear right in front of me instead of talking out loud. If you have something to say privately, go in another room or talk on the phone the next day. Anything but whisper. I hate whispering!
When she was a single woman(actually she was a single mother) she would drag my wife to every bar, not that my wife's arm needed that much twisting. My wife was a married woman, not that both of them cared at the time, but in my books a true friend would say something like "you are married, maybe you shouldn't be double dating with me."
I investigated my wife's behavior and C was involved with her at least 3/4s of the time.
A couple things sealed my opinion of her.
First was a concert, that huge outdoor concert in Toronto with The Stones and AC/DC among others. I love music, going to concerts but because of costs and the fact they are really loud and my wife doesn't like loud anythings in her life, I haven't gone to one with or without my wife in ages.
What does my wife do, she goes to this bloody concert with C. What does C do, tries to set her up with another guy. Nice eh? Double dating at a Stones concert. I really get angry just thinking about it.
Two, at my wife's birthday party a couple years ago, a bunch of friends went to a club to celebrate. C showed up with her boyfriend and spent the evening ignoring everyone and playing pool across the bar.
Her boyfriend is a piece of work as well. The nicest lady in the world went up to them and started chatting, you know trying to make them feel welcome and just being friendly. When she found out he was an electrician, she jokingly said that maybe he or a friend of his could do some hired work for her.
His reply, "you couldn't afford me or my buddies." Actually she could, paid off house, good job, no kids and no husband, sounds like she could easily.
We have this annual Valentines party every year and she's coming this year. I tell my wife that I would prefer she doesn't invite her but she still does.
Oh well she won't talk to me anyways.
Trust me when I say there is more.
Now they work for competing companies with the same territory and they still talk shop, blows my friggin mind.

Re-reading that makes my wife sound not so good. Oh well, she wasn't! She occasionally snoops around and reads these, thinking that I'm up to no good.
Ironic isn't it, but never once have I strayed or done anything harmful to this marriage/relationship.
I'm loyal, hard working, don't do drugs, hardly drink(I do like beer) honest, decent provider, good cook, great father, have all my hair, slightly over weight but not fat, and pretty good looking, so I think that infidelity hasn't been my fault at all. Funny, I used to blame myself about her affair but I figured that I wasn't the readon eventually.
Why am I with my wife?
Well I don't know exactly and when I figure that out I'll let all you nosey bloggers know with a nice long blog.
What I do know is that I'm here and my son is downstairs watching a movie with his buddy and tomorrow we'll be together as a family. That wouldn't happen if I wasn't here and that is what is important to me most of all.
Maybe that's the reason, but I think there is more than that.
My wife seems to be better and that's good for the 11 year old IT manager, and for me, for now....

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Your wife's friend sounds like a real trouble maker. I can see how both husbands and wives may like to have a night out now and again with their friends, but to to drink at bars....no go. During the week i like to spend time with my daughter, i like my home too much to spend week nights out and about.