Sunday, July 17, 2005

Control situation

Sunday afternoon, kind of rainy out and most chores are done.
Finished cooking lunch for family and before that, served tea and cookies to the in-laws who popped in unannounced.
I do alot around this freaking house, more than 50%.
Anyway, I tell my wife I'm going to the store for some fine gravel(for re-leveling patio stones) and the grocers for a few items.
She tells me I can't, or I shouldn't!
Excuse me!
Why on earth do you have a problem with me going to the store?
You can't control everything in your life, so don't try.
I tell you in a few years when the kid is a teenager, someone will have a real tough time letting go. It won't be me!
I'm going go to the store now, someone has to deal with it.

2 comments:

riskybiz said...

She's trying to control!
She was out of control for along time and she is trying to get it all back.
But she's not evil.(well maybe just alittle)

Michelle said...

Yikes, geez i'd be saying no need to tell me twice! And be grateful that some yard work was being done.