Saturday, July 02, 2005

Life8

We were out all day and I caught the replay on tv here.
Over all I thought there were some pretty good performances, like Pink Floyd in London.
I thought Paul McCartney should have carried right on with the Seargent Pepper song with U2 but he only did the one song with them.
Joss Stone is a firecracker for a teenager!
Annie Lennox can still belt out a tune.
Will Smith acts better than he sings.
Elton John can sing but I have trouble looking at him, it's the rug thing.
Bryan Adams bores me.
Bare Naked Ladies can work an audience.
Neil Young has to be my favourite songwriter.
Canada has alot of great artist like Blue Rodeo, Great Big Sea, Randy Bachman, Sam Roberts, Gordon Lightfoot, Jann Arden and Sarah McLaughlin.
I'm suprised Madonnna can still work an audience and for someone who apparently has no talent, she has been around for 20 years.
One last thing about the Canadian concert. The reason it wasn't held in Toronto was the two largest venuse were taken up. The Skydome(Rogers Centre) is home to the AA convention and the Downsview sight is the temporary home to an automakers overflow.
Anyways, I guess all for a good cause. I just have trouble with a 2nd rate musician from another country trying to bully our Prime Minister around.
What happen to all that money raised 20 years ago!
I guess all the dictators are living off that money.
Poverty is a shame but the one of the reason it is so rampant in Africa is from all the heads of State who are crooked henchmen.
Enough of the politics!

Today we went to a Highland festival in Cobourg, Ontario. Seeing all things Scottish was cool since I'm from that background(along with English) and I named my son with the most Scottish name ever.
Watching the strong men toss the polls around was impressive.
Then we went to the beach area and wondered around. It is a really nice town and I could see myself retiring there in a couple decades.
It is right on the shore of Lake Ontario and is just far away from the big city to get the small town flavour but not to be to far from civilization.

I don't mention this often but I'm really into genealogy. In the last year I haven't done much because I'm at the point where I have to go into the research centre, not just get information off the computer or the local library. Basically I have to get off my duff and get searching elsewhere.
Seeing all the Scottish clans today and Cobourg being the port in Ontario where the immigrants first arrived in the 18th century, got me thinking about this again.
By the way, both my grandmothers come from Scottish families!

No comments: