Friday, July 01, 2005

Canada Day

Today was the 138th birthday of Canada.
Here in this country we don't celebrate like the Americans do, we're alittle more reserved, but we are stilll a very proud nation.
I received a phone call from a friend saying he was going down early to Rotary Park to save a picnic spot and put his bbq there. He invited my family there for a outdoor lunch.
They had lot's of red and white at this park and tons of stuff for the kids to do. It had too many people there and lot's of long line ups but that's alright when your with friends.
Then we went to another friends for drinks and dinner.
After that fireworks in our neighbourhood.
All in all, a good day and a nice way to start my holidays.

I found out my sil and her boyfriend are going to Mexico for 2 weeks in late July without their 3 kids. They are getting married!
I personally think it is too long without kids and too expensive for someone who is having financial problems. But that is just me and certainly no in laws have ever listen to me.
Did I mention my wife is looking after them for 4 days, at their house?
I sincerely wish them the best!

We're starting to plan a winter vacation soon. The deal we get is where kids 12 and under are free and have to be booked sometime in the next few weeks.(in August sometime) I want to go to Costa Rica but I also want to go for 2 weeks and I don't know if I can afford that.
We'll probably end up in Mexico sometime in February, hopefully for 2 weeks.

No comments: