Saturday, June 11, 2005

Escaping

This evening my sister in law is having an engagement party for her friend. Up to 60 people are attending in a 2000 foot house with no air conditioning. Oh yea, kids are included as well.
She wants her sister(my wife) to help and she is. My son and I were kind of informally invited, but I'm passing. The kid and I are going to hang tonight, maybe see Star Wars.
My excuse, too hot, don't know hardly anyone and not really invited. Nice escape eh?
We lent them our outside chairs, so it was an excuse to scrub everything clean and not put it off. The furniture looked alot nicer when washed, so I was happy.
This afternoon I did some gardening for an hour. It was so humid that the inside of my sunglasses were steaming up. That's why I'm in here blogging, to escape the heat and cool down abit.

Dinner is early due to that party. I've been marinating some sirloins for about 24 hours and the bbq is going on in a few minutes. Baked potatoes and carrots, fried onions, mushrooms and cold beer are going with it. I'm getting hungry just typing.

My vacation is coming up soon. My wife has been looking at Ontario resorts, tons of them actually.
The problem with Ontario resorts is that they are bloody expensive. Your looking at a minimum of 1500 dollars fo 5 days for the three of us. It's actually cheaper to go to a Island down south for a week and booze is included. Though we have little money now, there is a slight chance it may happen. we'll see!

2 comments:

A Woman From Illinois said...

Share??? Sounds Good

Michelle said...

Go see Madagascar the movie....its great!