Thursday, June 30, 2005

Oh yeah!

My work week is over and I'm off for the next 10 days. Oh yeah!
We're not flying anywhere, but that's fine, just getting out of that daily grind is good enough for me.
On Sunday, the kid and I are heading up to my parents for around 2 days. My wife is pissed that she is not going, but she is working and I'm not changing the date arranged with my mother.
I told her that I've literally watched her and the kid go away without me at least half a dozen times and it does suck. When holidays don't coinincide, stuff like that happens. Besides we've already been to Jamaica together as a family this year and we have a week a Christmas together.
On Thursday I'm going to the Toronto Zoo with the kid and maybe my wife will go. I know she isn't fond of the zoo but it is our kid's pick.
A round or two of golf and a movie and there is my holidays.
That and some much needed catch up sleep and some mild exercise.

Come Autumn, I'm going to start working out again. With my quarterly safety bonus I'm going to buy a bench press and weights and then start some sort of aerobic exercise.
I need to be more solid, alittle lighter and I need more energy.
I used to work out like crazy about 5 years ago but got out of it for various reasons, none of which matter. Poor health doesn't always need reasons.

Ahhh..... 10 days off.....

1 comment:

Michelle said...

The Zoo? Yaaaaaay, i luv the zoo.
Enjoy your time off!