Sunday, June 26, 2005

Strawberry Festival

I live near the shore of Lake Ontario, east of Toronto.
Every year in my town they have this little strawberry festival right on the lakefront.
They serve shortcake, shakes, fruit drinks, coffee and of course, strawberries.
There is alittle stage where they have line tap dancing and belly dancing. They are mostly elderly women for the tap and they all are in pretty good shape. It goes to show what a lifetime of exercise willl do.
My new life motto, "keep on moving along."
The belly dancers are a different story. They can move, but are over weight! At least this year they weren't approaching 80 years old.
Seeing a 80 year old belly dance will certainly put you off your shortcake, but at least they are active.
Over all, a pretty decent 2 hours.
One more thing, I taught my son how to skip rocks.

I'm watching a documentary on women's bodybuilding right now on TLC. I thought men's body building was gross, but this is worse.
My problem with it is that it seems to take the feminitity out of the woman, which to me is the beauty of alot of women.

We had a driver quit last week and tomorrow I'm phoning my office to see if I can trade my July week off for this quitter. I hope I can, then we can be off as a family. I'm not counting on it though, my transportation company can make things difficult when they really shouldn't.
If not, I'm going to hang with my son and take a week in July starting in one week.
I could use the extra sleep anyways!
This is a short week in Canada because Friday is Canada Day, our aniversary, number 138. Yeah!!!

2 comments:

ShaanCho said...

I suppose women need some belly to belly dance. I love watching it. Something exotic about it...reminds me of Arabian Nights :-)

Lets hope you get the break you are looking for.

Happy Canada Day!!

Michelle said...

I have to agree with Steph, women body builders are disgusting. They don't even have boobs, they don't look like women.