Saturday, June 11, 2005

Two in one day!

My son and I just came back from Kicking and Screaming, starring Will Ferrell. It's pretty good, not as good as Elf, but still good. I would say you should wait a few months until it is on dvd and watch it then.
We were going to see Star Wars, but the kid saw it last week at a birthday party and wants to see it alittle later. Fine by me!
Last evening my wife and I saw In Good Company, with Dennis Quaid and the guy from the 70s show, Topher Grace. Good movie, rent it!

A few post back I was telling about the guy who overdosed on cocaine. It got me thinking about this situation I was in with this guy.
About 20 years ago I used to be into heavy duty partying. Lot's of dope smoking, too much drinking, chemical use and not enough women.
A bunch of us were at this party then. This coke fellow was there and we were partying together. I left my drink to go bathroom and came back a few minutes later. Everyone was snickering and I kind of wondered what was up. I finished my drink and went to get another and this fellow followed me. He then told me he spiked my drink with speed.
I thought he was kidding, he wasn't!
I apparently took quite abit. I was up all night completely stoned out of my mind.
I actually enjoyed it and that scared me.
Never took it or chemicals ever again.
Sidebar to the speed story. After sunrise I went home, by walking. I was staggering when I hit a crack in the sidewalk. I went flying into a bush and all I could think of was "I wish I was home."
A few minutes of me lying there went by when I pulled myself up and lo and behold, a police cruiser is right there.
I walked over and asked the cop to give me a ride home. I got in the car and he asked me where I had been and if I had a car. I told him kind of where( I didn't exactly remember) and my car was parked.
He went looking for my car, found it and then drove me home. 3 houses from mine he let me out and I walked the rest.(mothers don't like it when their sons get out of police cruisers in front of their houses)
I woke up about 10 hours later feeling the worse I think I ever had.
Ahhhh, good times!

1 comment:

riskybiz said...

I don't regret taking drugs, just wish it wasn't so important back then.
If taken, moderation is the key.